Chinese Panini Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Cook Time: 30 Min
- Serving: 4
Ingredients For the Chinese stuffing
- ½ cup sliced spring onion whites
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup capsicum (yellow, red, green)
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp Veeba schezwan sauce
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup chopped spring onion greens
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 hot dog rolls
- 10 tsp butter
- 4 tbsp fried noodles
Method For the Chinese stuffing
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the garlic paste, spring onions and sauté keeping the flame medium for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the carrot capsicum cabbage and salt and cook on a high flame stirring continuously for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Veeba schezwan sauce, the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for around a minute.
- Remove from the flame, add the spring onion greens and mix well.
- Keep aside dividing the filling into 4 equal portions.
- Now slit each hot dog roll horizontally leaving it attached edgewise from the length.
- Apply a tsp of butter on each side.
- Now take a bread roll and on the lower half spread the one portion of the Chinese stuffing.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of fried noodles over it evenly.
- Close the upper half of the roll and apply 1/2 tsp of butter on top.
- Grill it in a pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes till it turns crispy brown from both sides.
- Cut each Panini diagonally into 2 halves.
- Make 3 more paninis in a similar manner.
Other Veebalicious This is a sumptuous snack made of Panini bread with a stuffing of crunchy fried noodles and juicy vegetables and sauces. It is a fusion of Italian and Chinese cuisine.