Teriyaki Chicken with Rice
So simple and makes for a good hot meal for lunch or dinner. Easy enough for a teen or college student to prepare. Add a twist to the chicken and rice by adding Teriyaki Sauce.
- ¾ Cup Veeba Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 pounds skin-on boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups conventional white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 bunches spring onion leaves, ends removed
- ¼ Sliced Ginger
- In a large plastic resealable bag, add Veeba Teriyaki Sauce. Put the chicken thighs into the bag with the Sauce. Seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the Veeba Teriyaki Sauce and set aside. Put the Veeba Teriyaki Sauce in a pot over medium heat and reduce by half. Oil the grill grates with olive oil, arrange the chicken on the grill, skin-side down and cook for 8 minutes per side. Brush the chicken liberally with the reduced Veeba Teriyaki Sauce before turning.
- In a medium pot combine the rice, sliced ginger, salt and 3 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Let cook until the rice has absorbed all the water and is fluffy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the spring onion leaves on the grill, Cook until wilted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the rice to a serving platter, discarding the sliced ginger. Top with the cooked chicken, garnish with grilled spring onion leaves and serve.