Teriyaki Chicken with Rice
with Teriyaki Sauce (350 gm)
Inspired by Japanese cuisine, this sauce adds a delicious umami twist to grilled chicken and fish.
- ¾ Cup Veeba Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 pounds skin-on boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups conventional white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 bunches spring onion leaves, ends removed
- ¼ Sliced Ginger
- In a large plastic resealable bag, add Veeba Teriyaki Sauce. Put the chicken thighs into the bag with the Sauce. Seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the Veeba Teriyaki Sauce and set aside. Put the Veeba Teriyaki Sauce in a pot over medium heat and reduce by half. Oil the grill grates with olive oil, arrange the chicken on the grill, skin-side down and cook for 8 minutes per side. Brush the chicken liberally with the reduced Veeba Teriyaki Sauce before turning.
- In a medium pot combine the rice, sliced ginger, salt and 3 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Let cook until the rice has absorbed all the water and is fluffy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the spring onion leaves on the grill, Cook until wilted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the rice to a serving platter, discarding the sliced ginger. Top with the cooked chicken, garnish with grilled spring onion leaves and serve.
Other Veebalicious Ideas
Teriyaki sauce goes great with grilled chicken and fish. Also adds spark to leftover pulao when stir fried with a dash of oil.